Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bunk Beds

I have been MIA has been much longer than I expected. Easter snuck up on me and we have had company for the past few weeks so...NO headboard yet, ALMOST done with my website, and NO posts for the last week or so.

I don't know why but I seem to have an obsession with bunk beds on pinterest. We don't have room for them in our house, so again, I'm clueless why I am pinning them.

Maybe it is because a couple of years ago, I was planning a boys bedroom for three boys in a 15' x 13' room with three windows on two walls. Talk about packed!!!

I ended up designing a custom built bed that had storage underneath the mattresses and 'towers' that were bookcases and trophy displays along with outlets and lighting.


They had two older boys that were going to share the 'bonus' room as their bedroom. Again, with custom beds, they would both have their own side of the room that could coordinate- yet be different. There was a bookcase headboard that separated the room and allowed light from the window to fill the room. It had storage/outlets for cell phones, alarm clocks, etc...

What a task! Unfortunately, these never came to life. The clients decided to move into a larger home that the boys could truly grow into rather than grow out of this house.
or
Maybe its because I grew up always wanting them and never got them.

All of the following images are from my pinterest boards.


Did you have bunk beds as a kid? How about your kids- do they have them?

No comments:

Post a Comment