Friday, September 9, 2011

Almost there!

Sorry for being MIA these past couple of weeks! We have been super busy and I have just been so exhausted that my blogging has been neglected.

Greg and I buckled down and got to work a couple of weekends ago on the nursery. I am starting to worry that nothing will get done in time--so now I am on hyperdrive mode!

As I mentioned in a post here, my dad built Brodie this incredible bookcase and painted it for us-- but then I changed my mind on the design scheme, check it out here.
Before


Because all of the furniture in the room is cream/off white, I wanted to add a little punch to the bookcase. I ended up painting the inside of the cabinet a soft taupe/grey and the outside a soft white. I love the way it turned out! It's not a huge pop of color, but enough to give some contrast to the shelves.

Outside:  Ben Moore: White Chocolate
Inside:   Ben Moore: Morning Dew


So Greg went to work on painting this beauty. A week later and ta.da.... we have a painted bookcase! Now to just accessorize!



About a month and a half ago, I ordered this wonderful swivel glider from LEE Industries and we got it delivered along with the sectional!


I am IN LOVE with it- it is so comfy- I might find myself just going up there to rock myself to sleep, ha!

While Greg was painting the bookcase, I finished painting these little critters. I played around with the arrangement before finally deciding which went where. (Expect a blog about 'em soon!)




I have been looking for the 'perfect' lamp-- not too childish, but still playful, to go on the side table. As I was shopping around Stein Mart, I found this cutie ON SALE! It has a nick or two on it, but it's hard to see them with the texture on the base.



So here's my TO DO list for the nursery. Can't wait for it to be to-doNE!
-Pillows- in progress
-Accessories- in progress
-Get other chair recovered.
-Have crib bumper made--in progress
-Make crib skirt
-Painting/Photography over changing chest.
-New light fixture.
-Figure out furniture layout
-Parents deliver chest, chair, and bookcase
-Buy Glider.
-Buy Crib and mattress
-Select fabrics for bedding, drapery, and to recover chair.
-Drapery made and install
-Select paint color and paint
-Paint bookcase
-Critter Art--
-Lighting

1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE!!! I love that picture of Lola in the chair with her head cocked to the side!

    ReplyDelete