Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chan-, Chan-, Chaaaange

I'm a girl. I changed my mind. 


I originally picked this playful design scheme for BB's nursery.



I loved everything and was so excited to get everything started--so I ordered the fuzzy dot fabric and I got on the books to get the panels made.

That weekend, my parents brought up furniture for the nursery and we started playing with the fabrics. 
MAJOR FLOP
It's not that I didn't love the fabrics. They are cute-- just not together. Once in the room, they just didn't have that umph (this is a designer term,  I promise haha) that I wanted.


So, I spent the next week or so searching the world over for coordinating fabrics to help pull it all together. Finding that perfect fabric in the right scale, color, and design turned out to be "finding a needle in a haystack".  

Maybe I should become a fabric designer- ha, yeah right.


Anywho, while searching for the holy grail of fabric, I can upon this little doozy...

I LOVED it, but the colors didn't work. Let's just say this fabric "haunted" me. No matter what I did, this fabric was on my brain. 

So I jumped off the giraffe bandwagon to see what if this was the fabric that was meant to be. 



And viola, 

a new design was quickly born!!!! Although there are a lot of patterns, I promise it will all work together!!



Know anyone that needs 13 yds of lime-green fuzzy dot fabric? I know someone that will give them a really great deal on some ;)


So what do ya think about the chan- chan- change?


2 comments:

  1. So precious Whitney! Oh my goodness I cannot wait to design a room for Joseph! I love all of the new fabrics you picked and I am so excited to see how it all turns out! We are moving in less than a week but will be living with my parents till we find a house in Mobile. I cannot wait to have my own house to redesign... I will probably need your help making up my mind since every interior designer has the hardest time doing their own home... haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are getting to move home and be closer to family! (REALLY close for a while, ha!) That will be so wonderful! I know that you will have the time of your life designing your home and Joseph's room! It is fun, but yes, it is super hard designing for yourself! Hopefully, we will get to see each other soon! It's been waaay to long!

    ReplyDelete