Monday, July 18, 2011

Call me an Artist...part 1

Ha! At least, I would like to think of myself that way!


So as any other design project starts, I was given came up with a budget for BB's nursery. Being a fairly newly-wed, let's say our budget was less than ideal. But I have found bargains along the way that have truly helped as well as having VERY generous parents to help out~

One of the categories that I had a skimpy budget on was art. I am not artist, but I enjoy painting and thought that I could make some of the art for his room.


For the first set of paintings, I looked to my drapery fabric for inspiration....

These little birdies spoke to me!

I began by sketching them on 6" x 6" canvases.



Then I took a good afternoon to paint these little chirpers.


Because of the other art grouping I am doing, I wanted to add a little more "umph" to these lil' darlings. So I decided to do a decorative ribbon on the edge like so




and plan to hang them in the room with ribbons and a funky button similar to this.


(We haven't painted yet, so the final picture will have to wait for the big reveal!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment