|To Do List|
I looked at my list last night and realized that I am half-way through the year (sort-of) and many of these have not been done or have been taken over by more important "to-do"s.
So five months in to 2011..here is my new
TOP 10 TO-DO'S.
1. Design a Gender Neutral nursery-- not in the traditional soft blues and yellows and greens while still keeping it baby and fun!
|Either the drapery or the bed skirt.|
|Possible chair fabric.|
Babies love color and contrast and I want to create a stimulating room that will be great for the baby, but also something I will enjoy since I will be in that room ALOT!
2. Guest Bedroom Refresh- We are switching the guest bedroom to the smaller bedroom upstairs to have a larger nursery.
|Guest bedroom before the switch.|
With a few accessories, new drapery, and new nightstands and some type of chest--this room will be complete! I know we will have lots of visitors when BB is born, so I really want to create a relaxing room that our guests will enjoy!
3. Backyard for BB. Our backyard consists of weeds and rocks-- no place for a baby to play. We had hoped to be able to lay sod out this spring so that BB would have a great backyard to play in next summer--but only time will tell if our bank account is up for the challenge!
4.Backsplash for Kitchen. I still want to put this in my kitchen.
5. Add shelving in BB's closet.
Let's face it-- it's long and very narrow. There are only two rows of rods at the end. Tons of wasted space. I want to add shelving on one side of the closet to at least have some extra storage space!
6. Drapery overhaul. We will need drapery in the nursery and new guest room. We still need drapery in the bonus room and it would be great to have some that would block out the street lights when we watched a movie! The kitchen drapery I made a faux-paux when I originally ordered them. See the window is too large to be completely covered with the panels. By the time I worked up the courage to splurge on two more panels for each side, they were discontinued and I couldn't get my hands on them! So I am now thinking to just add sheers on the inside to help hide the fact that these drapery aren't the perfect size.
|Love these drapery!|
7. Artwork. Simply-- my walls are bare and I am ready to spice up our home! I have a ton of things from when I lived in Italy, but have never framed them. I want to reinstate my plan of getting one piece of art framed a month and slowly loose my blank canvas look!
7B. Paint. I have been inspired by several of the blogs that I read to start painting again. I would love to make something whimsical and impressionistic for the nursery. Maybe I will sit down one day and just do it!
If you haven't seen this artist's work, I think you should check it out--quite wonderful! I love reading her blog also!
8. Kitchen chairs- Before we bought this table, our chairs looked fine with our "junktique" find of a table. Now that we have this nicer table, my hand-me-down chairs aren't fitting the bill. Plus, several are broken and the paint is chipping off.
I originally wanted something like this...
|(not this fabric)|
But knowing a baby with never clean hands is on the way-- I'm thinking these might be the smarter choice!
10. Figure out how to make the bonus room our movie room, our office, and add shelving and a toy area as a playroom: Without it looking like the room has a split personality!!!
Sorry- nobody sees a picture of this hot mess up here!
Well there are a million more things on the list, but those are the ones I hope to accomplish by October--or at least by the end of the year!!
How are your 2011 resolutions/ to-do lists coming along?