Friday, April 27, 2012

Only a Year Ago

April 27th. A day that will always be something that I think back on and know that God has his hand in everything.
April 27th Storms behind our home

We were truly blessed to barely escape the devastation that rocked our little town as well as the rest of the South just one year ago.

Greg, me, little "BB" we did not know what we were having yet, Lola and Miss Pearl (dog and cat) were all cramped in our powder bath with immediate supplies and things to dig ourselves out in case of the worst. Little did we know that it had gotten that bad just at the bottom of the hill.

It was a surreal day and the most scared that I had ever been. The moment I heard about Tuscaloosa, I knew it was headed for us. I don't know what to call it except intuition, but I get these 'feelings' every now and then and I have learned to trust them. That 'feeling' that day was sheer terror and fear of the worst.

God led us through that fear and protected us during the storm. I am so thankful because I have had the best year since then. Becoming a mom and getting to watch that little child grow. I love watching him learn with everything that he does. It is such a joy to be a mom and I am grateful that God has given me this opportunity to raise this little man.

I pray that everyone that was directly impacted from these storms have been able to mend and are on the path of recovery and getting back to their old lives as best they can.

Have a wonderful weekend and remember to enjoy every minute, we aren't guaranteed our next!

No comments:

Post a Comment