Thursday, December 2, 2010

Quick Yummy Meal

So yesterday as I was running out the door for work, I turned on my crockpot. When I got home, we had a delicious warm meal to eat!

I like to experiment in the kitchen from time to time. Alot of times, I fly by the seat of my pants and throw the kitchen sink at the meal. Some turn out REALLY bad, most are ok, and then some turn out REALLY good. For a quick, simple meal with great, but simple, flavors... try out my newest "experiment"

Greg said it was my BEST crock-pot meal yet, so I will call this one,
"Greg's Favorite Crock-Pot Meal",
creative huh?


"Greg's Favorite Crock-Pot Meal"
-one cup of beef broth ( I used two beef bullion cubes and a cup of hot water, it's stronger flavor than regular beef broth)
-1 tbs. liquid smoke, can use less
-1 pkg. of Lipton's french onion dry soup mix
-one small yellow onion, chopped (I like big chunks, they are easier to eat)
-1 tbs. butter
-2-3 lb. roast of your choice
-about 1lb. carrots (I buy the baby carrots, saves cutting time!)
-3-4 lbs. of red potatoes, quartered.


1. Add broth and liquid smoke into the crock pot.
2. In a small skillet, melt butter and then carmelize the onions. Add to broth.
3.Place meat in center of crockpot.
4. After chopping carrots and potatoes to size, add to pot.
5. Once everything is in pot, sprinkle the soup mix on top.
6. I like to add a little more water to the pot, but you don't have to add any extra.
7. Set on low and cook for 6-8 hours!

It comes out super juicy and the flavors meld perfectly together! The recipe makes a ton of food, so be prepared to have leftovers for lunch and dinner the next day!

Let me know if you try this or what you do to put your own spin on this recipe.















P.S. great dipping breads are suggested!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment